Re: [ST] Motorcycle HIStory

From: abell06@xxxxxxxx <abell06@xxxxxxxx>
>> Wow, no brakes
>>(about as effective as the FX1200 Superglide I rode), and teeter-totter
>
>>handling. But those things were all about MOTOR. Whew!
>
>>Ken M
>
>Is that a FX1200 or THE FX1200, like a 1971?? with the boat tail and
>narrowglide drum front?
>
>Andrew

Actually, I think it was an FXE Superglide, and the (damn near inoperable)
front brake was a single disc. Forget the year. It belonged to a friend. We
swapped bikes one day and he marveled at the Lockheed discs of the T160, tho
he said he never used front brakes much. Go figure. But in the end, he said
he preferred his torque monster H-D. It was stolen form his garage two weeks
later, and he had to make payments for another 3 years for the "new owner"s
ride.

OTOH, I thought his AMF-era Harley was fun to ride. No need for more than 4
gears with that kind of torque. But it was slow, lousy brakes, and tough to
corner with. Weight alone was enough that I never considered owning one. He
never had it long enough to find out if it was one of the few reliable ones.
:-(

Ken M.