[ST] finally bought one--a '99

Hey all, after weeks spent reading about different bikes, my search lead
me to an ST, and I bought one today.  It's a black '99.  The bike has
7800 miles, 1500 miles on the engine since it was rebuilt last year.
I hadn't really planned on buying yet, but I got a pretty good deal,
and there's only so long you can daydream about something before your
subconscious draws you to it, I guess.

I've only ridden it maybe 6 miles (1 on the test ride and 5 to my
house), but I'm in love.  The sound is sweet and the engine is very
smooth.  I had the bike in 6th gear doing 50mph on the way home on a
backroad, and it felt like it had ample power, even at pretty low rpms.
Nice.

Thanks to all those of you who've answered my questions over the last
few weeks.  This list is one of the reasons I chose the ST.  It's small,
informative, and has a high signal to noise ratio--reminds me a lot of
a VW mailing list I'm on.

Looking forward to meeting Dallas/Ft. Worth area listers (or any of you,
for that matter) sometime.

Now, if it would just stop raining.

Laters,
Brian