[ST] First bikes/fun factor/Triumphs role

The first bike I owned for over $100 was a 69 Triumph
bonnie. I could outrun a good 80% of my Harley riding
friends. On the negitave side the electrical sys left
it very unreliable. I really did love that bike. very
high rating on the fun factor until I got drunk and
wedged it under a gaurdrail some 15 yrs ago.
I owned a 72 Sporster, reilable, started hard, but
always started. good for about 500-600 mi/days befor
the numbing vibrations would stop me cold.
It was a sucky sport bike, sucky tourer, but a fun
cruiser. They are what they are, not for everyone. and
love em' or hate em' they are great in their context.
The ignorant grouping of Harley friendly people is
distorted at best. There are dickheads saddled on
every make. I have loved and owned (2)harleys
forever.. I chose the Sprint ST becaus it best suited
my needs right now. I dont need a criuser and I dont
need to spend $20K+ on ANY bike. I am totally
surprised how much attention was given to the moronic
post and my response to it over the Harley thing. The
same fact still holds true. They are not for everyone.
but they are for many... I see we have hit a very
touchy subject for many, I apologize for all those who
have been reading this thread for days that just dont
care either way. I promise not to post of this subject
again.. but I still wanna know how many have owned
older Triumphs? and did that have any role in the
purchase of a new one?? there was a strong correlation
here!.

Tony Burke  (Lover of ALL bikes)
00' ST  (weaving thru traffic red)