[ST] How stupid would it be?

I meant to put new tires on Booh last week, but never got around to
it.  I still have the stock tires on the bike, and they have about 6K
miles on them.  There's still some life in them, but not a whole lot.

Tuesday evening I'm leaving for about a 1500-mile round trip from San
Francisco to Las Vegas.  The place I'd normally get tires is closed on
Mondays.

How stupid would it be for me to put new tires on the bike the same
day I leave on a trip?  If it matters, I expect to do something much
closer to touring than hardcore canyon-carving.

- -Patti