Re: [ST] RS Fuel Consumption

> >BikerDawg wrote:  Rather, its that on my last trip, I got about 38mpg.
>This was HIGH speed travel, doing the "Atomic Tour" >averaging 90+ at
>2500-6000 feet above sea level, but still, the mileage seems a bit low.

Vicki replied<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>I just returned from long trip and got poor mileage on the fast parts of
>the
>ride (90+ mph, some with fairly high winds).  I got between 40 and 44 mpg.
>My nephew, on his 99 ST, got 40 mpg.  At lower speeds (50 - 70), I got 59
>mpg on one tank.  It has to be the higher speed?  Wonder what others have
>experienced?

I did a lot of miles cruising at 100-120 mph on the autobahn when I was in
Germany and the biggest factor in mpg seemed to be having the top box on.
Having side boxes or a pillion didn't seem to make so much difference to
mpg.  Being a smooth rider is another major factor in mpg, apparently - I'm
not the world's smoothest rider so I wouldn't know!  Can't remember the
figures I got but I suggest you don't panic unless your mileage for slow,
calm riding drops dramatically, in which case you may have a fuel leak.

Neil