[ST] Harley and rest of the world

All,
    There are motorcyclists on every marque, including Harley Davidsons.
There are also the subset called "bikers". They all wave back as often as
not. Then there are people who buy "vehicles", including motorcycles, to
exude an aura of coolness. This last bunch is the "non-wavers" we don't
like. I don't always wave either. I am not being aloof, but sometimes I am
involved with traffic or don't see them passing by in time. Sometimes I am
holding the clutch in waiting for the light to turn green. I nod if I can.
Stop getting your undies in a bunch.
    The #1 question about my ST is : "What kind of bike is that?" followed
by: "I have never heard of Triumph".Usually spoken after or while looking at
it. People just don't know about motorcycles or unwritten waving rules or
whatever. The "Harley guys" that are making fun of your bike probably have
no clue about their own bikes, much less yours. Usually, there is one
"expert" and the rest of the "individualists" follow. Get information and
make your own decisions. That is why we have forums.
    By the way, I have read some very marque-centric remarks here too. My ST
is the best bike I have ever owned, but whether it is the best bike I COULD
own, I am not always sure. There is only one way to know: Keep buying more
bikes. Tomorrow is my 48th birthday and I have been riding since I was 15. I
intend to ride until I cannot.
Ciao,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------