Re: [ST] RE: (ST) RS Fuel Consumption

>I logged the fuel consumption on my ST on a previous trip. FWIW, here's the
>data.

Every time I see these mileage figures, I realize how much California's gas
sucks.  I'm not sure what good it does to burn cleaner gas if you have to
burn more of it to get from point a to point b. Most of my traveling is
twisties, one up with saddlebags, and I usually have a range of 190-200
miles before the yellow light comes on. Ten years ago I the KLR I had then
had a range of about 300 miles, the new one (same bike as they haven't
changed it in years) seems to have a range of about 250-260.

It will be interesting to see how much my mileage changes on the way to
Colorado.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA (official Cow Town and home of "Moo Dawg")
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300
'00 Lakota ATV