[ST] Re: Helmets

I recently bought an Arai Quantum F and I'm very pleased with it. It seems
to have virtually all of the features of the top of the range 'RX-whatever'
but was 'only' £250 or so (about U$400?). That's actually the most I've ever
paid for a lid, but I think it was worth it. It's all-day comfortable.
Whisper-quiet. Light. Extremely well-ventilated (I count 5 in and 4 out
holes - I was getting real sick of my Shark steaming up). Good-looking. And
I can ride happily in it with my glasses on (the Shark rattled them so much
I got double vision)! It's amazing how much being able to see properly again
has improved my riding ;-)

The clincher: it was one of the few decent lids around to come in Racing
Yellow, which matches the RS perfectly. I think you can get a range of
robo-vomit colours too if that's your thing. The only downside I've found
after 3000 miles or so is that the upper raised air vent covers tend to
catch on things and crack and chip too easily. The upside is that when
you're ham-fistedly dinging the vents against doors etc you're NOT dinging
the lid itself, and they're easily replaced (double-sided tape) and cheap.
It has the removable cheek-pads/lining too, although since it fits just fine
I haven't messed about with them yet. All Arai dealers hold spare vents,
different thickness pads etc. Recommended*.

Barry

*If you want to look like a huge wasp!