Re: [ST] Sudden Low Idle/stalling?

- ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael Harris" <michael@xxxxxxxx>

> Last night I started my RS for a short ride (10 miles).  The idle was
quite
> rough, then it died.  I found it would not idle unless I kept the throttle
> slightly open, it would die at the traffic lights unless I did so.

Sounds like the symptom occured right at startup.  The next time this
symptom occurs, stop the bike by turning off the key (don't use the kill
switch).  Then turn it back on and re-start.  Chances are quite good that
your symptom will disappear.  If it does, don't worry.  Your ECU just got
confused and needed a reset.  This problem may recur a few times, but seems
to go away on it's own and has been reported by quite a few new owners.  It
has also been suggested that it might be caused by a sticky idle control
valve which will loosen up with time, but I don't think that has ever been
confirmed.

Neil