Re: [ST] Intercoms & Sound

In a message dated 5/7/01 10:57:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
ejdrayercpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > Is there any alternative to Autocom for the control unit?

Chatter box among others.

 > Who sells Autocom....is it only available from the US distributor?
 >
 > What is FRS?

It is a specific frequency band. FRS radios can talk to other FRS radios.

 > Why does chatterbox have such a lousy reputation?

I know quite a few people who swear by (not at) them. I've had some trouble
with mine, but it could be my own fault. My brother loves his.

 > Does anyone other than Sony make a wired remote CD/receiver or what other
 > alternative are there?
 > What about CB radios... how can they be controlled?
 > Does the chatterbox bike to bike use frequencies found on CBs or FRS?

Chatterbox makes several different communicators. Some work on FRS, others
work on other frequencies. I don't know of a CB unit by them.

 > Any other comments are more than welcome!

Brad Hancock, LT, CEC, USN
Mundelein, IL
SprintSTRider@xxxxxx

"I'm not totally useless, I can set a bad example!"