Re: [ST] Bench Dawg bends buddy's bike, bruises body

Ouch... Sorry Bill. And more sorry that it was Tom's bike, man that's
gotta hurt.. At least you are pretty much OK and you should be healed
up in time for the Rallye.. Oh and Vicodan WILL make you constipated
.. so try and eat right :-)   So gear questions huh?? Well you'll
have some time to think so here's what I suggest. Best venting most
comfortable lids that have completely removable liners, etc are :
Arai RX7-RR4, Shoei XSP-II, Shoei Z-II, Shoei X-Tec. ( not sure about
the RF-900 but I doubt it) The Arai Quantum/f and Signet/GT only have
removable cheek pads, although you can wash out the helmets and air
dry them. Someone was commenting on the Shuberth Concept. I bought
one. Had it a week and sold it. It is the best Flip Face but it's
noisier than a normal full face, heavier, and doesn't vent as well as
My RX-7RR4, and of course it is never going to be as crash worthy.
It's also more of an Arai Quantum shape (more round oval) so if you
are a Shoei head
  long oval) it won't be a great fit, and frankly it wasn't even 50%
as comfy as my Arai.

As for riding apparel: Yes perforated leather is nice except when it
gets chilly or it rains. Problem when it rains is that if it's
warm/hot out you got to put on rain gear.. then you'll be really
toasty!!  I'll go out on a limb here and say that I feel if you can
own only one riding suit that overall the most versatile, well made,
and crash worthy is an Aerostich Darrien suit. FYI, Aerostich does
make a "Light" version of the Darrien, lighter material, less
abrasion resistance. I want to add that there are better jackets
/pants for specific conditions.. Vanson Perf for HOT, or a full one
piece set of leathers for track or a real nice Dainese
Cordura/Goretex jacket and pants with thermal liners for cold and
wet. But again if you want to get ONE suit that gets as close as
possible as covering all riding situations a Darrien is hard to beat.

Boots .. Prexport has a new waterproof boot with killer armor and
vents!!  , Dainese makes really nice boots, Sidi, Alpinstars all make
great boots. For me good motorcycle boots have to be waterproof,
comfortable and have good protection.

Did you ask about Gloves? Well I'll tell ya' ,  Held Gloves, they are
simply the best, and I've had a lot of gloves :-)  A lot of gloves!

HTH, feel better :-)

Erik