Re: [ST] Draggin Jeans / And Suggestions

>>Bill Flowers responded:

>I'd wondered if they'd work too, but didn't want to find out the hard way.
>
>I have NO, abolutely none, road rash.  No cuts or scrapes.  The kevlar in
>the knee gave me the equivilant of a bad rug burn is all.
>
>BUT ... lack of armor in hips has left me with amazing bruising -- over 6
>inch diameter -- angry purple color!
>
>So now we both know what it will do, and what it won't.
>
>Lack of impact protection encourages me to get better in fear of a next
>time.
>
>--
Bill,

Glad to hear the Draggin Jeans held up in the abrasion resistance!      I
also have a pair of the Draggin Jeans, but was concerned about the impact
protection as well.  My solution was to buy a pair of the Bohn Body Armor
Lycra pants.  They have CE certified armour in the Knees, Shins, and Hips.
I have much better peace of mind, and they are very comfortable under the
jeans and fairly cool.  Much cooler than leather, cordura alternatives.  I
also bought the Bohn Airtex Shirt, also with CE certified armour, shoulders,
elbows and back protection.  I wear this with my Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket,
which is VERY cool, great airflow.  I removed the shoulder and elbow
protection from the Phoenix as the Bohn armour is far superior. I did take
the back protector out of the Bohn shirt and installed it in the Phoenix as
it is more comfortable in that configuration.  While I realize that this
set-up does not provide the level of protection of leather or a full cordura
suit (like a 'Stitch),  heat exhaustion in 100 degree heat in Texas is not a
safe way to ride either.  By the way the Phoenix jacket actually has TWO
layers of impact protection one sewn in the other removable.  A very nice,
HOT summer jacket, if you can find one.

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)