Re: [ST] schematic help

neil -- thanks!

 > Purple is hot all the time -- connected to Fuse #3 if you're interested
 >
 > Black is ground -- hardwired
 >
 > Green w/Red tracer is connected to pin #5 of the instruments connector, pins
 > #1 and #3 of the alarm connector, pin #2 of the fuel pump, the "2/E1" pin of
 > the ECU, and to one end of a 1.2K ohm resistor whose other end is connected
 > to the "1/A4" pin of the ECU.  The manner in which this signal is switched
 > to ground (assuming that you are correct in your findings) is not exactly
 > depicted on the schematic, but I think it's safe to say that the status of
 > the signal on this wire is under the direct control of the ECU.

i see.  yes, it's certainly way more complicated than i was picturing.
damn computers.  :-) i tried to correlate the above with the 595/speed
triple schematic at http://www.T5net.com/common/faq/Electrical/wiring.html,
but they don't match up at all.  oh well.

my bike and i really appreciate your help.  maybe i'll use a more
obviously switched wire to control my grip relay.  or i may wait until
i get my schematic in my manual, too.  it's warm enough to wait a week
or two for the grips.  :-)

paul