[ST] re: Do I want to do this anymore?

	Oooh, that's a tough one. Everyone goes through that question after a
crash. Some go through it at other times, too. I did when my son was born, my
wife did after she laid her bike down one night coming home.
	What it comes down to is risk and reward. You have to do something for
yourself, preferably something purely for the enjoyment of it. Everything
involves risk, though. Everything. Getting out of bed in the morning, and not
getting out of bed in the morning. You can't avoid all risks. If you've had at
least some training, like the MSF basic ridercourse and/or experienced
ridercourse, you wear proper protective gear, and keep your machine in good
running order, then you've covered practically everything. You are aware of the
risks and how to avoid them, have practiced the skills, and have good
protection even if you get into something that just can't be avoided. I'm
presuming, of course, that we don't drive while impaired by alcohol and such.
	I've never crashed a road bike yet, just dirt bikes when I was younger.
It's gonna happen one of these days, though. I've only wrecked a car once, and
that was due to a moment of inattention while worrying about other things when
I should've been driving. It did $7,500 of damage to my vehicle, but I walked
away completely unaffected because I was wearing the appropriate protective
gear in my vehicle (seatbelt and air bags). One day I'll crash a bike, too, but
I don't worry about it because I have the knowledge and skills to avoid most
situations, minimize the rest, and I wear good protective gear for when it
doesn't work out anyway.

Hey, maybe you'll get enough out of the settlement to buy SWMBO a Legend! Beth
Friday's is still for sale at www.sfriday.com...

Get well soon,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"