Re: [ST] Harleys, and Victories

>>> "Jack "Rude Dog" Hays 972-625-6884" <
Why do the manufactures want to enforce these stereotypes?

I put the blame on "She Whose Name I Refuse to Speak," who's in charge of Victory P.R. She's a walking, talking stereotype. She doesn't know the first thing about being a real motorcyclist. All she knows how to do is drop the "g" from her gerunds, so she sounds like a bitchin' biker. She's completely incompetent, but her dad is some kind of bigshot in the motorcycle industry, so she keeps getting promoted. Polaris is a cesspool of nepotism, and has been since before Edgar Hetteen  left the company back in 1960 or 1961. A couple of friends of mine were involved with designing the Victory. Both left early on, mostly because they had the sense to point out that the design of the original transmission was idiotic.

The meatheads running Polaris make me nostalgic for the Hanlons. I'll take flamboyant, caustic and psychotic to nepotistic, inbred and stupid any day of the week.

I'd like to redo that commercial. The sportbiker would bitch slap the fat ass Harley dudes, and they'd start crying like little girls.