Re: [ST] Speedo error

In your message regarding [ST] Speedo error dated Thu, 10 May 2001 11:37:25
- -0400, Nowak, Nick said that ...

>NN-  I was wonderring if anyone out there with more mileage on their bike can say
>NN-  with some certainty what the amount of error is in the speedo?  So far, I am
>NN-  guessing mine is reading roughly 10% higher than actual.  Is that a fairly
>NN-  accurate guess?  Oddly enough though, when I checked my odometer versus the
>NN-  mile markers along a strech of superslab I came up with about 9.95 miles
>NN-  recorded for every 10 traveled.  Curiouser and curiouser...

speedomter is not.  My own observation with a GPS strapped to the bike is
that the error on the speedo is 10 percent high across the range.

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/