Daytona first impressions

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/

New Triumph 955i is much sharper and faster

First impressions from today's launch test in Estoril

Triumph's new 955i immediately feels narrower, lighter and sharper
handling, says MCN's Marc Potter after his first ride of the new triple in
Portugal today.

Potter pulled in from his first session on the track at Estoril and said: "
As soon as you sit on it it feels smaller. The tank is narrower and the
bars are repositioned and put less strain on your wrists.

" The bikes we are riding all have race cans on, which will be an
aftermarket option for around £300, but even so, there's loads more power.

" Where the old bike ran out of steam at about 9000rpm, the new one comes
in with a real top end rush from 8000 all the way to 12,000rpm.

" It feels lighter and turns in much, much better than the old bike. It is
marginally less stable but that's a price worth paying for the way it now
turns.

" The brakes are what we've come to expect from Triumph, brilliant. "

" I find I am running out of ground clearance on some of the corners, but I
am still using pretty close to road settings.

" I'll have a go at the suspension before I go out for my next session. "