Re: [ST] RS mirror warning

 > >the second mirror, using a 1/4" drive ratchet on the 6mm stud, and
 > >oops -- the stud twisted right off.  i think the mirror bases may
 > >simply be cast -- the studs are very weak.  be gentle when installing
 > The Daytona has notched bolts installed so that when you drop the bike the
 > bolts break instead of the fairing or mirror. I would assume the RS is
 > setup the same way.

hmmm.  i saw nothing that looked like a notch.  i'll check again when
i have them off again.  and, to be clear, these aren't bolts --
they're threaded posts that are part and parcel of the mirror bases.
but i understand what you're saying.  in any case, one doesn't want
them to break needlessly.  :-)

paul