Re: [ST] Triumph Cruiser

>>> Steven Kohlscheen <Steven.kohlscheen@xxxxxxxx> - 5/11/01 11:26 AM >>> The press and Honda continue to call the Valkerie a cruiser.

I don't know about where you live, but around here there are a bunch of carryover Valkyries sitting on showroom floors, some going back as far as 1997, the first year of production. Meanwhile, Honda has introduced a new big-inch V-twin and a new Gold Wing, the bike upon which the Valkyrie was based, but they haven't introduced an updated Valkyrie. And if the situation regarding unsold Valkyries on showroom floors is the same around the rest of the country as it is around here, they probably won't introduce such a bike.

It seems that Honda has taken the "If you can't beat them, join them" approach to big-inch V-twin cruisers.

A 2000cc triple cruiser sounds interesting, but if it doesn't look like a Harley, it will never be more than a small player in the American cruiser market. I give Triumph a lot of credit for originality, but in the cruiser market, conformity seems to produce higher profits than originality.