[ST] Mine's working well

With all the news of Sprint's having troubles, I thought I'd throw this in:

 I had my 12K mile service done (@ 13,279 miles) by my closest dealer
recently. The only bad things were the price, and having it in the shop for
a week. I had made an appointment for Thursday, dropped it off Wednesday
evening, April 25. A backup on warranty and new bike setup work, combined
with a weekend, a vacation day for the No.1 mechanic, I finally got it back
last Thursday, May 3rd. I hated that, but now the dirt:

Had everyting done by the schedule EXCEPT the fork oil. That would've added
another $150 to what was already a $360 invoice. Figuring I'm going to "Race
Tech" the forks during the next winter and there no problems currently, I
passed.  Two intake and 5 exhaust valves needed adjustment. A "clunk" I
reported from the headset bearings turned out to be loose pinch bolts at the
handlebar mounts. Brake pads reported to have 1/3 to 1/2 their life left.
(Guess I don't use 'em much!) Asked if it was updated with the latest tune
version, I was told it already had Ver.10 loaded. Zero DTC's recorded.
Replaced the fuel level sender under the recall (though mine had only wept
once last summer, for a day or two, then stopped.)  Cool.

Overall, when I got the bike back, it felt near *exactly* the same as when I
dropped it off. Almost, because the clutch cable free play was not adjusted
to my liking. That took all of 30 seconds to fix. A check of my first
tankful tonight confirmed a reading of 50.65 miles per gallon. That, under a
truly average (for me) combination of city, highway, and backroad
apex-scratching. Stock can, no add-ons, no catalytic converter. Again, cool.

The mechanic told me my bike was kept in perfect condition, and my tires
were about as well-scrubbed in as any he'd seen (and I've yet to do a track
day with this set on.) I am quite pleased to say that I have had ZERO
complaints with this machine. None. I love it, and it loves me back by being
a good bike. So sorry to hear of others having issues with theirs. I do hope
you are in the minority.

Ken M.
'00 RS