Re: [ST] first ride, need to work on comfort

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 08:33:39AM -0400, Scott Inman wrote:
> >I think the largest issue is most likely my riding position.  I rode
> >about 80 miles this evening, probably 60 of it on highways.  After this,
> >my right wrist hurt pretty bad and both my hands were numb and tingly
> >from vibration.
>
> You think the ST has vibration?  Wow, I feel as though there isn't any, but
> I did come off of a '96 Katana 600 and '01 Yamaha R1.  The R1 vibrates
> through the bars VIOLENTLY.  I had pins and needles in my hands WITH gel
> gloves after about 45 minutes.

Okay, I admit, there's also the possibility that maybe I'm just a wuss.
I remember back in the day when I had an 82 Seca, my hands would go
numb, but the nighthawk never did that to me.

> Get used to it.  I've already got accustomed to putting on Coppertone 30 on
> my legs. ;)  Ride in 96 degrees, it gets better!

Heh, I'm just thinking about the 105+ degree days I rode in here last
year.  The aircooled honda with no bodywork wasn't too bad, though the
leather jacket made things pretty warm.  Luckily, I don't commute across
town to Dallas anymore, so I won't have to do the stop-n-go thing on the
bike unless it's on my way out of town.

> Glad you like the bike!  Welcome to the ST my friend!

Thanks.  Feels good (emotionally, if not yet physically :b)  to be here.

Laters,
Brian
'99 ST (black)