[ST] Help request

Issue #1
I am in the process of installing a new air filter (K & N).  While removing
the fuel tank I found that there was no hose connected to the roll over
valve.  What I did find though was two hoses that were not connected to
anything.  The first one is a black corregated plastic hose that at the
other end connected to something near the top of the rear shock.  The other
hose is a clear plastic hose (like a fish tank air hose) that is not
connected to anything, in fact the other end seems to have been slightly
melted, probably due to proximity with the exhaust system.  Neither hose
seems to match the picture on page 9.111 (lower right hand pic #2) of the
ROM in as much as that hose is connected to what appears to be a check
valve. Both hoses appear to have the same inner diameter and probably both
would fit. [Just a thought....did the mechanic at my 6K service use the
clear plastic hose to avoid spilling fuel when removing the tank and just
leave it there?]

Does anyone know which of the two hoses, or is it an entirely different
third hose, should be connected to the fuel tank and where the other hose(s)
should go?

Issue #2
My serial/vin number does not fall into the fuel sender recall range.
Additionally it has never leaked and while not accurate it is consistant.  I
am a firm believer in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy.
After removing the fuel tank I noticed that the wire insulation is embedded
into the epoxy.  I thought I remebered reading here that there should be
some kinkd of color code with either dots or an end cap that means its a bad
one.

Does the epoxy situation mean it should be replaced and/or is subject to the
recall.  What are the color codes to look for and do I have to remove the
sender in order to find the colors?

Issue #3
My beloved ST seems to have developed a nasty trait in as much as the engine
has begun to stall in certain circumstances.  I usually let my bike warm up
by idling while I put on my jacket, helmet, & gloves and shut the garage
door.  Sometimes the engine will just cut out and if I give it enough time
it will always cut out.  There is never any problems restarting.  This also
now happens when braking hard to a stop and sometimes even while sitting at
a traffic light.  Can the missing hose in #1 be causing this problem or is
it an electrical thing?

Any ideas?

While I would love to get quick answers so I can put my baby back together
and ride down to the beach I hope that every one else is out riding and
having fun and won't be around to answer this until later!  Looks like I'll
have to take the convertible.....life's a beach.

Enjoy the day....ride hard.

Eric
'00 Blue ST

End of st-digest V2001 #274