Re: [ST] first ride, need to work on comfort

> Hello Brian.

.  After a few weeks of riding however, the > riding position KILLED my arms
and hands. (I suffer from Carpel Tunnel > Syndrome).

> > >I think the largest issue is most likely my riding position.  I rode
> >about 80 miles this evening, probably 60 of it on highways.  After this,
> >my right wrist hurt pretty bad and both my hands were numb and tingly
> >from vibration.
>
> >The wrist thing I'm almost sure is from me not leaning forward enough
> >and/or putting too much weight on the handlebars.  >
> After a week or two, you'll strengthen the muscles in your arms you didn't
> know you had! :)  You'll be fine... I rode my ST for 12 hours straight...
NO
> PAIN! :)

> Scott

                 Probably be better to strengthen your stomach and lower
back muscles and use them to keep your weight off the wrists, Barring that
there's always the 85+mph wind blast if your license can stand it.

                                                Dave