[ST] Report on Michelin Pilot Sports on the RS

As predicted, these sportier tires got lower mileage
than the stock BT020s.  (3,500 miles compared to
5,000 miles for the BT020.)

The bike slid around less with the Pilot Sports, and
balanced better in the corners.  I thought they stopped
better too.

It took a lot of experimentation to tune my (stock)
suspension for the Pilot Sports.  I wound up running
much lower than recommended tire pressures in
order to avoid a bouncing front end and a tendancy
to stand up in the corners.  But in the end I was able
to get a very enjoyable setup.

I had a lot of fun with the Pilot Sports, and recommend
them to those who can live with the low mileage and
are willing to run lower tire pressures than Triumph
recommends.  If you want to run the higher tire pressures
and have the stock RS suspension, the BT-020s are
are better bet.

Just ordered a set of Pirelli Dragon GTSs, and after those
I'll try the Metzeler Z3/Z4 combination.  My last bike was a
Honda Nighthawk and there weren't many good tires made
for it.  With the 170/70/17 front 180/55/17 rear on the RS
I'm like a kid in a candy store :-).

- -Don Draper, Jr. "Blue Dawg"