Re: [ST] Life in the sorta fast lane. w/o ample horn!

Eric Drayer wrote:

> Do the Hella horns, or any other horns for that matter, have to be weather
> protected?  Why not mount them somehow in the radiator opening or some other
> place where the sound won't be muted by an obstruction?

(Getting caught up on my email -- 748 new messages on the ST list alone!)

No, they don't really need to be protected, but you probably don't want
them totally exposed because the electrical connectors could eventually
get grunged.

Without fabricating a custom mounting bracket, I couldn't see any way to
cleanly mount the horns in the opening. However, they really don't need
to be cleanly pointing out of some opening in the fairing -- since
they're designed to be mounted somewhere under the hood of a car,
they're plenty loud.

And, yes, I have already had a couple of opportunities to test their
effectiveness with great success.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA