Re: [ST] Removing front wheel

Hi Keith,
Sounds like you had fun. The more I think about it, the more
I'm inclined to do 4 out to Ely :-)

Anyway, the socket size you need is a 23mm I believe, although
I use a 15/16".
1)Remove the brake caliper mounting bolts and hang the calipers
on something, don't let them hang on their hoses. Don't do
anything to the brakes lines.
2) Lift the front end to clear the wheel.
3) Loosen the two pinch bolts on the left fork.
4) Back out the wheel spindle using socket from above.
5) Remove the front wheel carefully.
6) Take the speedo unit off, and don't loose the spacer
from the right.

When reassembling, take your time and don't muck up the speedo
unit. There are two tabs which must properly align with slots.
People on the list have reported problems when they did it
wrong. You don't want to have to replace any of that. Make sure
the drive is situated so the speedo cable exits the rear at
right angles to the fork leg.

Tighten the spindle to 45 ft/lbs. Lower the front end to the
ground and pump the handlebars a couple of times. After doing
this tighten the left pinch bolts to 15 ft/lbs.

Bob's your uncle.

You might notice that Triumph also didn't supply you with the 46mm
socket, or any of the big torx tools. Some things just don't come
with the bike :-)