Re: [ST] Re:Triumph quality?

hmmm...

 > Obviuosly never had a Suzuki, my ST is heaps better than my previous suzuki.

and...

 > Triumph very early on got a well deserved reputation for quality, the only

i can't say i agree.

when i went to buy a triumph, i had to convince myself that the
several stories of munched engines i'd heard were teething problems,
and that i wouldn't need to worry about such a thing.  and that the
fuel sender recall would finally be over by the time i bought.  and
that the "i need to reboot my ECU" issues would be as minor as they
sounded.  people i talked to told me i should worry about reliability --
and these were people that had no reason to distrust -- no axe to
grind.

i've not heard of any such problems with a recent japanese bike.  i take
that back.  i suppose maybe i have, from some models.  but not often.

hmmm.  come to think of it, i'll be riding my suzuki tomorrow, instead
of my RS, whose clutch cable is broken, at 2500 miles.

paul