Re: [ST] Mine's working well

original message:

Ashley wrote:

>The problem is that you normally only hear bad news, if a bike is going
>fine
>then there is nothing to write about, I think the troubles are definitely
>in
>the minority otherwise the bike wouldn't have the good reputation that it
>rightly deserves.

Ashley, I agree.  My ST has been flawless ('cept for the fuel spender
thingy) For this first 15,000 miles.  She was 1 year old last Thursday, when
we discovered the exhaust leak.  In my case, I do not consider this a
"design flaw" as much as a "assembly error".  The design is fine, the
bracket was simply rotated to a bad spot (by the dealer, I suspect, during
pannier installation).  But my dealer has been VERY fair and accomodating in
all my dealings with them (shamless plug RPM cycles, Dallas TX).  That is
the reason I will allow the welding of the crack.  Why make Triumph or RPM
pay for something that can be repaired to as good as, of better than new?
Hey, let's be logical and fair in our dealings with our dealers and the
factory.  Just because you can "get away" with something doesn't make it
right.

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)