RE: [ST] RAT Raid, Mother's Day &Western Rallye

>===== Original Message From ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====
>Hey AquaDawg,
>
>What's the deal?  Complaining about RAT putting the Bandera Raid over
Mother's Day Weekend, and yet y'all scheduled the Western Rallye over Father's
Day Weekend?  Do we have a double standard underway here?  Is this a creeping
disregard for the
>rights of fathers to get more ugly ties and really, really cheap barbeque
tools?

>Seriously though, the timing may prevent me from attending.  Much as I like
riding my Sprint, I'm a "biker" second, and a father and son first...

First, I don't think there's a double standard at play here.  We simply didn't
look at the holiday calendar when we chose the date :-)! I personally don't
have a problem attending a Rallye over mother's day because I am not a mother
and try to treat my mother as if every day is Mother's Day ;-)!  The only
reason I really remarked about the RAT Raid timing is that there were not as
many people there this year as last, and the only explaination we could come
up with is that guys might be able to get a "pass" for one year, but not two
or more in a row . . . . We will definitely be discussing the timing of the
Western Rallye with the members at the Annual TSRA meeting and taking input as
to a "permanent" timing, though we picked the weekend in question with the
idea of the 3rd weekend in June being the standard time.  Still, we will never
satisfy everyone.  You have brought up a good point that will need to be
considered.

Lisa