[ST] re: Racetech, The final Frontier

>  From: Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 05/14/2001 16:00:
>  ... Everyone please be aware that the spring rate
>  setup info that Racetech uses is wrong. They use 456lbs dry weight
>  and add 35lbs for fluids and rider gear in calculating what springs
>  one should use. This is WRONG. The ST does not weight under 500lbs
>  wet! Never did never will. Every mag that has reviewed the ST has
>  listed wet weight at about 520lbs. So add me, plus gear, and we have
>  a total that is about 60-70 lbs heavier than what Racetech uses!  So
>  if you weight 200 lbs or better 1.0kg springs are a must, lighter
>  springs will actually make it ride harsher! Also15wt fluid is the
>  only way to go...

Yep, I based my choice of 1.00 Kg/mm springs on a wet weight of 530 pounds
(from Motorcyclist's "Hard Numbers") and just recently switched to 15w fork
oil. I think it's perfect - done tweakin' the forks! I still have the stock
shock and have adjusted it to suit the front and am quite happy with the setup
now. It's damn near as good as my SV650S, which has RaceTech'd forks and an
Ohlins shock, plus weighs 100 pounds less.

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	'01 red SV650S  "Cherii"
	Spring, Texas, USA