[ST] Tail light open circuit

A buddy was following me into the parking lot at work yesterday and
told me one of my tail light bulbs was out.  I took the bulb assembly
out of the tail and realized that the spring-loaded metal part that
the bulb locks into was not secured in the plastic part, and the
spring was just pushing the whole thing out, and the ground wasn't
making contact to the side of the metal cylinder.  I tried prying the
cylinder open a little to make it a snugger fit, but it's not a great
solution.  I'm thinking I'll glue it in somehow, but I was wondering
if anyone had seen a similar problem or had a fix.  The bulb is
polarized, and I think someone might have tried to install it
backwards, pushing it in farther than it should have gone, causing the
cylinder to come out.

Thanks muchly,

- -Carlin
Berkeley, CA