RE: [ST] like father, like daughter

>My daughter has been showing an active interest in riding....she seems to
>love my new RS, but I worry about her....She seems to have a very difficult
>time reaching the controls and keeping her feet on the pegs!

First question is what is your daughter's age? I presume she is in her teenage
years.  I would see about registering her for the MSF course before she does
ANY
riding on the street.  No matter how good you are, you will not be able to
teach
her everything she needs to know, and she may have a tendency to ignore
certain
things you say.  It may also be a good idea for you to take the MSF course
with
her, especially if you haven't taken it before.  Certain things will be
repetative for you, but even experienced riders learn in that course.  You
will
also have a common frame of reference when she starts talking to you about
riding skills.

If she successfully completes the course and still has an interest in riding,
would aquire a used street bike that fits her so she can reach the controls
and
can flatfoot the bike.  I am also assuming she at an age where she can get a
license to ride a street bike.  After she has 1,000-2,000 miles under her belt
on her learner bike, she can move on to something bigger and better.  Most of
those miles need to be put on riding with you!

>Plus I really can't find a helmet that fits properly...

What types have your tried?

Lisa White
'99 Sprint ST
Houston, Texas