[ST] for Neil - saved from yourself!

 >>> get pulled in by a plod (police) who has a closer look at my
rear (tyre that is!) and decides it is now unsafe, it had *really*
gone off in 100 miles!  He calls in his boss, who decides to slap a
prohibition order on the bike.  I'm in West London 100 miles form
home and I am now prohibited from riding the bike!  Plus three points
on my license and a 60 GBP penalty.  Thinks.....let the rear tyre
down and call the British AA (Automobile Ass'n) for a trailer in to a
bike shop.  They arrive, and pump me up and send me on my way.....I'm
now totally illegal, and face a ban on my license, 2000 GPB fine and
imprisonment!
I track down a dealer in South London who can do me an emergency
fitting today and 3 hours later now have a shiny new pair of BT020's.
I rode home on the new tyres, slowly, but the bike is still illegal
as I should not ride it AT ALL (even though I have a pair of new
boots on it) until it has had a full MOT (Ministry of Transport)
fitness test which has to then be taken to the police station. <<<

    My God, what a horror story!  I've spent hours this week watching
the Battle of Britain on the History channel and I'm sure glad the
gallant lads who saved England by flying against, and triumphing
over, the Luftwaffe didn't live to see the abominations that
Bureaucratic Totaliatarianism has wrought!         =8o(