Re: [ST] A word of warning about worn Azarro Supersport AV40 rears.

Recently I switched from Metzler's (MEZ4's) to the Bridgestone BT010's up
front and the BT020's on the rear. I did this because I can buy the BT's at
wholesale cost. I was afraid they would not be as good a tire as the
Metzler's, but to my surprise I like them a lot better.
A few weeks ago, I spent a week riding on country back roads at the
Sonomafest event with two other riders, (better riders than I ). One of the
rides took us over an 18 mile grade called "Hopland grade". It was a real
twisty road. I was in the lead and stayed out front for the whole stretch of
road. At the other end, my fellow riders informed me, they could not catch
up or even stay with me and that their bikes were sliding through the turns
(mine was in a grove). I had a really good rhythm going, but I know there
was a lot of grip I wasn't using. I was quite surprised to hear their
comments. I was riding my ST, they were riding a Honda Super Hawk and a new
Ducati Monster. Needless to say, I have a good feeling about the BT's. I am
sure there are better tires out there, but for the price I pay for these and
the handling I feel, they will be just fine enough for me.
By the way, being new to this bike stuff, what does "overbanding" mean?
Mike
No Dawg name yet
(Dawg gone ?)
That's what my wife thinks ever since I brought  this bike home.