[ST] topbox: triumph or givi?

Hey all, I'll most likely be getting a topbox soon.  I was planning on
getting the triumph box, but then saw that you can get an adapter for
the triumph luggage rack to hold a givi box, like an E360.

I'll have to get the luggage rack either way (and why is this thing
US$175, anyway? yowzas. is there any other rack available other than
from triumph?), but whereas the triumph box is US$500, the givi box is
around $200 and the givi->triumph rack adapter is around $50.

I like the triumph box.  I looked at one at the dealer and it is pretty
big and even held my xxl helmet with maybe room for one other.  I think
it looks better than the givi, but I've heard nothing but good about
givi boxes and, damn, they are half the price.

Does anyone know which size givi boxes will fit an ST with the givi
adapter?

Which box serves better as a pillion backrest?  I know you can get the
backrest pad for the triumph box, but I've read that it's not any better
than just leaning against the box.

Other thoughts?  I'd love to hear feedback from any listers with a givi
box on their triumph rack and/or see pictures.

Laters,
Brian
'99 ST (black)

End of st-digest V2001 #282