[ST] RE: (ST) UK bike prices

Mike wrote:
What's the OTR price in your part of the world?

Mike:

The deal I've been offered is IR£9700 OTR.
This breaks down as IR£8395 Purchasse price and IR£1305 "Registration Tax" which
I'd have to pay on a UK bike aswell. Therefore the Bike is costing Stg£6548

Allow for the fact that there's some room for haggling on the Irish price,
factor in the costs of ferries, add on travel expences and buying a newish bike
in the UK isn't really viable.

It's a real pity too. There's a nice sounding machine in Northern Ireland that I
may be interested in, but bearing in mind the "Registration tax" I'd have to
pay, The exchange rate and the relative value of the Machine in the UK vs Eire
and it seems unlikely we'll be able to do business :(

In Eire, the value of a '99 Speed Triple in good condition is roughly IR£6700.
If I were to import one from the UK I'd have to pay IR£1044 in "Registration
Tax" leaving IR£5656 for the bike. This roughly translates to Stg£4412.
Unfortunately the bike is advertised at Stg£5300. Even allowing some room for
haggling that's a big difference in value considering we're on the same lump of
rock. :(

Martin

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software