Re: [ST] Overbanding.

original message<<<<<

>What *I* regard as overbanding is where the tarmac has been dug up by the
>electricity/water/gas/cable guy and re-laid badly, and there is a 1 foot
>wide path of new tarmac laid  over the original which has a 4mm or 5mm edge
>at the join which forces the tyre to follow it.
>Am I correct here?
>It can make the bike very non laminar.

Yup, good description.  Here in Texas we call'em Tar Snakes.  Was down in
the Hill Country last week end for the RAT Rallye, where they ruined a very
good twisty road.  My riding partner (Viosca) and I agreed that complaining
might have the opposite of our desired effect. Powers that be may decide
this is a good way to slow down bikes on all twisty roads!  They do not have
the same negative effect on 4-wheelers.  It's all a conspiracy I tell you.