[ST] RE: (ST) PIAA Light Installation

1) In the pics on the website I can't see how the wires lead up.  They don't
seem to be attached to the forks.  What are they attached to?
     I cable tied them to the brake lines.

2) When moving the big ugly platic connectors obviously the wires from the
lights are extended.  Are the replaced at the source or are wires spliced
into the existing ones?
     I snipped the wires inside the lamp housing and added extra wire, it think
.6 guage.
     The joints were soldered and covered with heatshrink.
     I than ran a length of heatshrink along the entire extended cable, between
the connector and lamp housing to keep it weather proof.

3) Does polarity matter?
     Don't think so but I preserved it anyway.

4) For my relay wire I would like to tap into the blue wire that cuts off
the headlight & heated grips during starting.  Would this work?
     Dunno. I used the hot wire for the pilot light (Third eye).

FWIW:
     I extended each of the lamp harnesses 18".
     I ran the main white harness down the right side of the bike, routed
alongside the existing harness.
     The connectors for the lamp neatly reach the front subframe and can be
cable tied to the lower bars, where they're out of the way and won't interefere
with the steering.

The relay fits across the underseat storage area or would probably fit under the
right side panel if you haven't already filled it with a chain oiler reservoir.

Martin

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software