[ST] RE: (ST) PIAA Light Installation

>1) In the pics on the website I can't see how the wires lead up.  They don't
>seem to be attached to the forks.  What are they attached to?
>     I cable tied them to the brake lines.

That's what I did.

>2) When moving the big ugly platic connectors obviously the wires from the
>lights are extended.  Are the replaced at the source or are wires spliced
>into the existing ones?
>     I snipped the wires inside the lamp housing and added extra
>wire, it think
>.6 guage.
>     The joints were soldered and covered with heatshrink.
>     I than ran a length of heatshrink along the entire extended
>cable, between
>the connector and lamp housing to keep it weather proof.

That's what I did, spliced in extra wire of the same gauge.

>3) Does polarity matter?
>     Don't think so but I preserved it anyway.

Ditto

>4) For my relay wire I would like to tap into the blue wire that cuts off
>the headlight & heated grips during starting.  Would this work?
>     Dunno. I used the hot wire for the pilot light (Third eye).

I tapped into rear light..any switched circuit would do. One just
wants the PIAA's to shut off with the ignition.

>FWIW:
>     I extended each of the lamp harnesses 18".
>     I ran the main white harness down the right side of the bike, routed
>alongside the existing harness.
>     The connectors for the lamp neatly reach the front subframe and can be
>cable tied to the lower bars, where they're out of the way and won't
>interefere
>with the steering.

Ditto Again

>The relay fits across the underseat storage area or would probably
>fit under the
>right side panel if you haven't already filled it with a chain oiler
>reservoir.

I mounted the relay and stuuf under the right side panel near the
juntion of the side apnel and tank, attached to a frame rail

Erik