Re: [ST] Daytona test

I still haven't managed to see a full report on the new Daytona, here in Oz
Streetbike announced it under the heading "Triumph trumps it's own ace" , it
looks even sexier than the old Daytona they go on to say. They obviously
have impeccable taste. If it is a match for the Fireblade it will be a
winner, which I think it will be anyway. I don't think it has to match the
R1 or the GSXR1000 because they are considered just too wild for the average
rider on the street, so what is the point of them.
Ashley
'00 Spondon 955i
'95 Speed Triple

> Motorcycle News dated 16 May (the UK's MCN) has the first test I've seen
of
> the new Daytona. I expect it'll be on their web site soon too. There's too
> much to say to do it justice here, but it sounds pretty good - smaller,
> lighter, quicker-turning, up 19 to 147 bhp, a new higher 12,000 rpm limit
> ... but keeping the same torque at the same revs as the old one, and made
> bit more comfortable too. The induction sound is apparently very good!
They