Re: [ST] Sports Throw-over Panniers

Just picked up my new set of T soft panniers today. IMHO/first impressions:
- - I didn't like the look of the ST with the hard pannier frame (panniers
removed) and the lower pipe
- - I'll only use my soft panniers for infrequent touring, so the rest of the
time the panniers + plastic protectors and seat harness can go in the
cupboard. The very small subframe that's left is barely visible
- - alternatively the plastic protectors can be left on to offer additional
paint protection against bungy cords holding stuff down across the pillion
seat and/or pillions scuffing the paint work (curse the thought)
- - I'm not sure if/how the buckles on the panniers and the seat harness
stick into the pillions bum? (what is the experience of others?)
- - the panniers look good and has some nice touches, such as the sown in
rain sleaves making them impossible to lose.
- - But why oh why do the zips open at the front?  If they're not tightly
zipped all the way (as mine weren't when I first left the dealer), air
traps in the pannier and it can blow up like a balloon! Surely it would be
better to have the zip finishing backwards?

Barry
Brand spanking new BRG 01 ST (with a few 'teething' problems..... more later!)