Re: [ST] throttle cable / clutch

Previously, "Mitch Campbell" <mitchcampbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The first.  When I turn the handle bars all the way to the right and open
> the throttle a little, it seems to stick open.  Has anybody had this minor
> problem?  Is there a quick fix?

Don't turn them that far?

> Second.  I've been having to double clutch to shift sometimes.  This happens
> in the low gears most frequently, even when the bike is hot.  Anyone?

Common problem with new ST's.  Your low gears haven't been sufficiently
broken in.  Spend some time riding around in 1st, getting the revs well
up.  Ditto for 2nd.

For me, a week of in-city commuting making sure I took 1st to at least
7500 RPM did the trick.  Turned out I'd been short shifting and relying
on the low-end torque.  Now shifts are always easy!

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"