From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Scott Inman
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 8:03 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Prob: Vibration causing hands to go to sleep

Hi Paul.

I'm experiencing the SAME EXACT thing myself.  I suffer from CTS (carpel

tunnel syndrome) and it's something I've had to live with for a number
of
years now.

I had a 01' R1, it it was MUCH WORSE than the ST!  My ST puts my right
hand
thumb and pointing finger to sleep after about a ½ hour.  I have tried
everything you had (including installing helibars on the R1 when I had
it).

I suggest you try:

1.  Gel gloves.  I bought a pair and the problem cut itself in 1/2!

2.  Using your legs more when you stop the bike vs.letting the weight of
the
vechine travel through your arms.

3.  Do the following exercises to relieve tension in your hands:
    http://www.aaos.org/wordhtml/press/exerci.htm

HTH...

Scott

P.S.  Let me know if any of this helps you out, or if you find other
measures that help.  I'm always looking to help this issue out for
myself as
well!