From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
William A. Flowers
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 8:09 AM
To: Sprint ST List
Subject: Re: [ST] Prob: Vibration causing hands to go to sleep

Previously, "Paul Hoeffer \(Merentha\)" <phoeffer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Problem:
> There is enough vibration coming though the grips to put my
> fingers/hands
> to sleep on anything other than short rides, and on short rides it's
still
> distracting.
>
> [... snip ...]
>
> Addenda:
> * I never had this problem riding other bikes
> * The problem seems to be getting worse over time.
>
> This is really preventing me from enjoying riding the bike and I'm
> desperate for any idea that might help resolve this issue.

Is the problem (for you) getting worse or is the vibration getting
worse? If it is the vibes you've got something seriously wrong! Might be
something as simple as a problem with youe bar-end weights.

Otherwise I've found Olympia gelpad gloves to be excellent at helping in
situations like this.  And even their thin perforated gloves (excellent
for keeping cool in the summer!) proved to be crash worthy (I found out
the hard way).  At least, they protected my hands but now need
replacing.

Despite the above I'm seriously considering replacing my old Olympia
Gelpad perfs with Triumph's perforated Highway Gloves.  They have some
extra palm padding and also in the thumb web area as well as kevlar
abrasion resistant pads (I proved how well Kevlar works for abrasion
resistance 2 weeks ago) and a high gauntlet.  And they are perforated.
And they are Triumph!  :-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL