[ST] Re: Mini Cooper (off topic but of interest)

On Monday, May 28, 2001, at 11:55 PM, st-digest wrote:

>> The sport version, which is what I want, is supposed to be quite a
>> little pocket rocket too, with 0-60 speeds around 5 seconds or lower.
>
> Really?  The web site rates the cooper at 85kw max output with a 0-100
> Km
> (0-60mph) time of 9.2 seconds.  Is there a higher spec'ed jobby that
> isn't
> listed?

That's what I'm assuming....   my brother, who is also getting a mini,
showed me some magazine (probably autoweek but I don't remember) that
had some expected specs on both the Mini and Mini Cooper S.  I'm
guessing the specs they show on the website are either for the standard
Mini or the magazine got the numbers wrong.

In either case I'm psyched to get the car.  I learned to drive stick in
a Cooper S, or more actually I learned how NOT to drive stick in it.
What I'm reading about the car makes it look like it's going to be both
high quality and relatively low cost, as well as incredibly unique.  Not
unlike our Sprints....