Re: [ST] for DAVE about SEAT

Previously, you (Paul Fox) wrote:
> so does this mean you can't really select your seating position
> anymore, to, say, stretch out your knees a bit, or change the
> angle of your back?  that's why i've always prefered flat seats.

As I read it the gel pad fills thw 1" deep cutout.  So you'd still be
able to move fore/aft between the tank and the step.

I've found a local upholsterer who has done some motorcycle seats and is
willing to work with me to make a custom (to my shape) crafted seat ala
Riches'.  He enjoys decorative leatherwork and is trying to convince me
to let him make it a functional piece of art.  :-)

I like the idea of the built-in gel pad and will steal that idea for my
custom seat.

This won't happen before July, but when it does I'll post pictures.  And
if he's as good as says (and as good as the photos of his work that I've
seen) I'll post his address and phone #.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"