Re: [ST] Lilleys

Scott Inman wrote:

> Rob,
>
> When you went from 19t to 18t, did you see much of a speed loss/higher RPMs
> in each gear?  Did you have to shorten the chain, or leave it as stock?
>
> I'm thinking of doing the same when my sporckets and chain wear.  I'd like a
> little more grunt, if possible.  Does it feel any easier to pull wheelies?
> (Not that I'd ever think of pulling one.) ;)  I am ¼ squid on occasion. ;)
>
> Scott
> 01' Sprint ST (blue)

Scott,

I have not had a chance to get it out for top speed runs. I think it's going to be
better. With the 19 the best I could do on a relatively flat road was 140 mph, 5th
gear, 9000 rpm and it would not pull anymore. With this new gear I think it will
pull to redline better in each gear.. If it does anything near 140 mph in 6th I'll
be plenty happy. As for rpm increase in each gear at a given speed, maybe gained
350 rpm.

Wheelies are fun, just twist the throttle around 4000 rpm in 1st or 2nd. :-)
All around it seems to suit sport riding a little better. It pulls off a stop
better, it seemed to lug a little before.

You do not have to shorten the chain, it barley changes the chain adjustment.

Robert

'00 Blue ST
'98 XR440R