RE: [ST] Gas tank and those little black rubber hoses

Jay:

In as much as I had my tank on and off about a half dozen times in the last
few weeks I think I finally have this figured out.

There are 3 types of connections to the fuel tank. 1) 2 pressurized fuel
lines 2) 2 electrical harnesses, and 3) 3 other hoses.  I'm sure your asking
about the last type.

All three hoses are unique so this should be easy.  Pointing down from the
right rear of the tank are two connections.  The left one in for the
overflow tube, which is a smooth rubber hose that just goes straight down to
get rid of excess fuel.  The right one connects to the corregated hose that
is a vacumn line of some kind, it goes to a y connector and then to a check
valve.  On my bike (California spec) there is a schematic of this system on
the air box.  The last one is also a smooth rubber hose which I think has a
smaller inside diameter than the other one, this connects to the pressure
regulator that points forward from the right side middle of the tank.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.  This is the way mine is and it runs fine
and doesn't shoot any flames.

Eric Drayer
'00 ST (Babe Magnet) Blue