Re: [ST] 2001 CW 10 Best

Eric Sheley wrote:

> So, does anyone find Cycle World's choice of the best Sport Tourer for
> 2001 a little "premature".

Hmmm. I don't subscribe, but I'm guessing they chose Aprilia's Futura?

I did pick up a copy of Motorcyclist at the airport this morning for the
cover story on the Futura. No offense to Mark Cook (and others) but it
seemed like a fairly gushy review of a pre-production bike. (Yes, Martin
Fay has shown us that they are actually shipping, but I gathered from
the Motorcyclist article that the bike they tested was pre-production.)

I really would have liked to read about the panniers, but Aprilia didn't
have them available when Motorcyclist had the bike. And, I'm still
curious to know if the bike has an accessory socket or heated grips, and
what the maintenance intervals are, what's involved at each interval,
and how much they'll cost.

The Futura certainly seems like it could be competitive with the ST, but
until folks live with 'em for 10K miles I'm going to withhold judgment.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA