[ST] RE: Psycho-World's 10 Best

> So, does anyone find Cycle World's choice of the best Sport Tourer for
2001
> a little "premature". How can they pick a bike that is not even in general
> circulation as the best in category ? I haven't even read any multi bike
comparisons yet that include it...
*
I read the Motorcyclist article on it and I can not believe they like the
styling of that beast. EVERYTHING about the styling bothers me. It looks
like some Atom Ant cartoon from the side and more so from the front. All I
can figure is that it must run and handle well. (or the folks at Aprillia
are feeding the journalists good drugs) Marc Cook had an ST for a while but
made some reference to the suspension being awful on the ST. Huh? I can only
imagine that Marc wants more of a track bike than a sport touring bike. I
wish him well, but I think he checked out sometime this winter. Too bad.

As for Psycho World, they consistently put the VFR against the ST for the
sport touring comparo and the VFR kept winning. Huh? NO hard luggage! I
couldn't figure it out. Seems most of the Motorcycle magazines in the U.S.
have an axe to grind with Triumph. Can't quite figure that one out. In fact,
I don't think they get the Triumph and the 3 cylinder thing. I have spoken
with Dave Edwards before about the comparison tests they do and my position
is that 90% of the riders could not use all of today's motorcycle
performance anyway and there for the difference is 97.321 vs 97.322 (in
other words picking fly-sh*t from the pepper). He agreed, but I still see
the comparisons with some ranking between them. I don't think it is
necessary. And PLEASE do not include a grade on styling! I wish that if the
MUST do some ranking, that they just forget about it since they don't get
it. How can you be enamored with the same graphics from the same company for
YEARS on end (ex GSXR and that blue-white flash thing) and still say the
styling is good. All this grousing and I still subscribe! What is it that
old Mitch Boem and Dave Edwards know about us anyway?  :) And Marc Cook, if
you are still out there - you have bad taste in bikes!

Bill Findiesen